Proper surface preparation is the secret to a long lived paint job and crucial for achieving a long-lasting result. It is one of the most time-consuming parts of our exterior painting projects. Saetre Paint does the following cleaning steps to ensure great results:
- A thorough, high-pressure cleaning to remove mildew and other debris is our first step in preparing any exterior surface for house painting.
- We will remove any loose paint and worn or weathered caulking.
- We recommend that any rotted boards be replaced.
- Any new wood must be primed.
- Gaps between adjoining wood or masonry are caulked with a quality and proven high-grade sealant.
- Cracks in siding are filled, sealed and sanded.
- Areas that are scraped and loose paint removed are then sanded to “feather” the edges to ensure a quality and visually appealing result.
- During this process, we will also re-sink and caulk any unseated nails and fasteners on siding, gutters, and downspouts on your home.